We are pleased to announce the release of SciChart v5.1.0 Build 11299. This is a minor update which contains a number of bug fixes and feature improvements. It is strongly advised for users of SciChart v5.x to upgrade to this version, which is a drop-in replacement.
What’s New in SciChart WPF v5.1.0?
There are a number of improvements and bug fixes made in SciChart v5.1.0. It is recommended for all users of SciChart v5.x to update to the latest version, which should be a drop in replacement.
- SC-3409 Improves Scatter series performance with PaletteProvider by up to 10x! Implemented a new series type ExtremeScatterRenderableSeries which enables fast PaletteProvider enabled scatter charts
for DirectX charts only
- SC-4351 Improves FIFO Resampling performance. Improves performance of FIFO series by up to 5x!
- SC-4424 Improves line series performance where many series (e.g. 1000 series x 1000 points) by up to 5x!
- SC-4403 Added cancellation Escape key option to Rubberbandzoom, xaxisdrag and yaxisdrag modifiers
- SC-4381 Support Opacity and semi-transparency on ObjSceneEntity3D
- SC-4377 Updated SeriesTooltips3D example to demonstrate how to access PointMetadata from the TooltipModifier3D
- SC-4404 Added RatioFilter, RatioXyFilter, RatioOHLCFilter for displaying the ratio between two DataSeries
- SC-4405 Added properties Tag, Opacity onto BaseRenderableSeriesViewModel
- SC-4367 Make SciChart.ExternalDependencies a Nuget package for ease of deployment / testing of examples
- SC-4406 Added property PinchZoomModifier3D.ZoomScaleSensitivity
- SC-4341 Add a property FastuniformContourRenderableSeries.DrawingMode to allow Contours to switch to the software algorithm implementation for higher accuracy contours
- SC-4408 Improved Cursor Snapping behaviour – now it snaps to the closest series by default (was to the first one)
- Updated TradeMarkers demo to use the latest AnnotationsBinding MVVM API.
- Created new Filters API Example updated to allow updating of data.
- SC-4091: added handling of special case when there is one point to draw in a line series. Now draws a dot, or a dashed line where Digital Line is enabled.
- SC-4319 Fixed multiple examples in SciChart3D when DirectX9 only available
- SC-4378 AggregateByRenko performance improved when updating or appending new data-points only (does not recalculate entire Renko series)
- SC-4394 System.InvalidOperationException : There was no XML start tag open when exporting to file and binding VerticalSliceModifier.VerticalLines to empty VerticalLineAnnotationCollection
- SC-4393 Fixed RolloverModifier issue when only one tooltip displays for band series instead of two
- SC-4346 Switching from DX11 -> DX9 in WPF 3D Examples causes crash
- SC3D-445 Switch to right handed coordinates in 3D Chart causes labels to appear in wrong place
- SC-4395 MVVM SeriesBinding with LineSeries and setting SelectedPointMarker and PointMetadata results in pointmarkers shown for non-selected points
- SC-4400 DataPointSelectionModifier when CTRL pressed and AllowsMultiSelection=false it is still possible to multi select
- SC-4399 SciChart3DSurface.IsAxisCubeVisible change causes crash at runtime
- SC-4389 CategoryNumericAxis – investigate why it shows spaces to the right and to the left
- SC-4397 Crash on export when TooltipModifier.TooltipLabelDataContextSelector is set
- SC-4386 FastBubbleRS – AutoZRange considers points that are not in viewport
- SC-4396 Flicker introduced in DirectX renderer since revision 126.96.36.19937
- SC-4385 3D Column ovelaps each other
- SC-3409 fixed incorrect drawing of colored sprites because of using startIndex values from input array instead of index from vertex buffer;
- SC-4375 Chess board (Add Objects to a 3D Chart) has no texture
- SC-4379 Scatter 3D Series shows colours as ABGR when should be ARGB
- SC-4380 HeatmapColorPalette has no datacontext, cannot bind to Minimum or Maximum
- SC-4330 Fixes DirectX Renderer not working over Remote Desktop since v5.0
- SC-4352 Filters API Polynomial Fit does not work with DateTime,Double series
- SC-4352 Filters API LinearTrendline, Polynomial and Spline do not work with DateTime,Double series
- SC-4352 Filters API Spline fixed precision when input datatype TX=int
- SC-4352 Several fixes and improvements to Filters API (Crashes on changing or updating data)
- SC-4359 UniformHeatmapDataSeries<double,double,int> doesn’t update after changing data
- SC-4355 UniformHeatmap / NonUniformHeatmap in MVVM doesn’t work
- SC-4382 AggregateByRenko crashes if you append or update after original filter created
- SC-4373 Uniform heatmap type with AutoRange=Always crashes
- SC-4370 Fixed and issue with Horizontal/VerticalLineAnnotation when labels cannot be added via ViewModel
- SC-4354 Bubble chart flickers and draws wrong bubbles on zoom, pan
- SC-4361 DataPointSelectionModifier.UpdateState doesn’t update a SciChartSurface
- SC-3986 Annotation label shows incorrect text
- SC-4353 AnnotationCreationModifierForMVVM overrides properties of created annotations
- SC-4407 SeriesBinding MVVM API: Removed the exception message The argument value must implement IEnumerable<IRenderableSeriesViewModel> if not expected type. Resolves microsoft designer crashes which generate mocks of objects
- SC-4259 Order of Axes is not preserved when changed in real-time
- SC-4301 Scrollbar range and axis growby mismatch
- SC-4308 SciChartTrader example – chart disappears when switch to a DiscontinuousAxis in the toolbar
- SC-4334 fix ScrollBar vibrating on some 4k screens
- SC3D-432 LogarithmicAxis3DView -> axis3D titles overlap axis3D labels
- SC-4340 TickProvider is never called if created in AxisViewModel
- SC-4339 Fixes Heatmap Medata example incorrect tooltip,
- SC-4322 RolloverModifier doesn’t work well with FastVolumeCandlestickRS
- Fixed exception during resampling of Xyy data with None mode caused by recent changes in CopyValues methods;
- Fixes NullReferenceException when XAxis is null and user clicks on YAxisDragModifier
- Fixed crash when there are no ticks on axis scale
- Fixed the issue when the DoubleScaleDiscontinuousDateTimeAxis would not handle properly ranges where Min or Max falls into a Calendar gap
- Fixed the issue when tooltips would show accumulated value by default for StackedMountainSeries; added AccumulatedValue to OneHundredPercentStackedSeriesInfo
- Fixed a crash with DiscontinuousAxisFilter that occurs after few calling of Clear() method.
- Added default binding to AutoFitMarginalLabels for DoubleScaleDiscontinuousAxis
- Updated RequiresReduction calculations which were changed after adding ResamplePrecision ( reduced constant value to 2 – we append 2 points at max when MinMax resampling is used )
- Fixed rollover for mountains and columns series when interpolation is false
- Fixed marginal labels clipping for DoubleScaleDiscontinuousDateTimeAxis
- Fixed SourceCollectionBase issue when the SciChartSurface unload and the new series viewmodel added or removed some -> it will be ignored on chart reload
- Fixed the issue in StackedSeries when zooming to extents would include the prev and next data point into computed Y range
- Fix Surface Mesh Skirt does not obey opacity
- Small fix to ObjectModel3D to prevent runtime crash when two or more ObjectModel3D are instantiated
- Fixed AnnotationCreationModifierForMVVM issue when adding horizontal or vertical line annotations -> it is wait second click for it but should be just one
- Making ArrayOperations public
- Fixed an issue when discontinuous renderable series would report IsWithinBounds == “False” when hit-testing between series’ bars
- Fix issue with ChartModifiers not firing ModifierKeyDown event for 2D charts
- Removed SharpDX Direct3D10 from build script
- Fixes Scrollbar nullreferenceexception if DataRange set before bound to axis
- Added sharpdx_direct3d11_1_effects_x64 / x86.dll to the SciChart.DirectX NuGet package, and .targets file to include in output directory on build
- DirectXHelper: rethrowing DllNotFoundException to ensure the user is aware of missing sharpdx_direct3d11_1_effects_x64.dll or sharpdx_direct3d11_1_effects_x86.dll
- Fixes NullReferenceException in VerticalSliceModifier when using VerticalSliceModifier.VerticalLines and new SciChart AnnotationsBinding MVVM API
- Apply patch supplied by customer. FastBubbleRenderableSeries.MaxBubbleSizeInPixels now a dependency property, added property AreaSizingInsteadOfRadius
- Merging over DataPointWidth calculation for log axis column charts from v4 -> v5
- Added missing Binding from AxisCoreViewModel.TickProvider to Axis derived types.
- Added default TickProviders in AxisCoreViewModel derived types.
- Fixed wrong default template for CustomUniformHeatmapRenderableSeries, that was incorrectly choose not x,y,z seriesInfo but y – seriesInfo.
- Fixed a CursorModifier synchronization issue when a Cursor would snap to data points in one chart but not in synchronized charts
- SeriesSource marked as obsolete. use latest SeriesBinding MVVM API instead.
- Fix for proper working of Custom annotation, as if you put there Combobox it doesn’t work due to loosing focus in an appropriate moment
- Obsoleting Heatmap2DArrayDataSeries, FastHeatMapRenderableSeries. Please use FastUniformHeatmapRenderableSeries and FastNonUniformHeatmapRenderableSeries instead
Where to Get It?
SciChart WPF v188.8.131.5299 is available from the usual channels.
- By downloading from our scichart.com/downloads page
- By Install-Package or Update-Package from NuGet
- By cloning or downloading the source code on Github (source code customers only)
Please ensure you uninstall the previous version(s) of SciChart before installing v5.1.0 as this can prevent some issues in the upgrade process!
GET SCICHART WPF v5.1.0
The post SciChart WPF v5.1.0 Build 11299 Released! appeared first on Fast, Native Chart Controls for WPF, iOS, Android and Xamarin.