We are pleased to announce the release of SciChart v3.2.0 Build 5441!
This release builds on revision 5424 announced last week and includes the full MSI Installer, Examples Suite and updated SciChart Licensing Wizard. In 3-years this is by far our most complex cross-discipline release, so we’re really proud of the team and what they have achieved!
What’s New and Where to Get it
A full list of the major new features can be found in our article SciChart v3.2 now in BETA.
A full list of minor features and bugs fixed can be found in our Release Notes.
SciChart Centred Axis
Polar Chart Multi Axis
Stacked Column Side by Side
Stacked Column 100%
Stacked Mountain 100%
Stacked Columns (Grouped)
The MSI Installer is now available on our downloads page. This includes
- SciChart v3.2 Examples Suite, with 18 new or updated examples
- Licensing Wizard – Updated to allow easier and more reliable auto and offline (manual) activation
- Examples Suite source code
- Binaries for SciChart WPF/Silverlight v220.127.116.1141
The DLLs only can be downloaded from our NuGet server. For more details see the Downloads page. Please note you will be required to activate once to develop applications against v3.2, and the licensing wizard is in the MSI Installer.
Want to see the new features without downloading? The Online Silverlight Examples suite has been updated with v3.2. The first update to the online examples in over 1,000 commits! This includes 18 new or updated examples where you can try out latest features, including:
- Simple Polar Chart – Demonstrates the new Polar Chart API in a simple, single series example
- Dashboard Style Charts – Excel style stacked, grouped column and mountain charts
- Dashboard Style Polar Chart – Shows the full range of polar chart options
- Stacked Column Chart – Shows vertically stacked columns with labels
- Stacked Columns Side by Side – a frequently requested feature, to properly stack (group) columns side by side for sales dashboards
- Spline Line Scatter Chart - demonstrating CustomRenderableSeries API to create a spline line
- Realtime Polar Chart
- Multi Pane Stock Charts – Updated example to include a SciChartOverview (using our new ScrollBar API) below the chart group
- Logarithmic YAxis – Updated to demonstrate Logarithmic Base E, or Base 2 charts
- Polar Chart with Multiple Axis
- Shifted Axis – Demonstrates putting the Axis of SciChart in the centre of the chart
- Custom Overview – Demonstrates creating a custom SciChartOverview using our ScrollBar API to view ALL renderable series behind the overview
- ScollBars – Demonstrates the new SciChartScrollbar API to add X or YAxis Scrollbars
- Oscilloscope – Updated example to display axis in the centre of the chart
- Polar Chart Annotations – yes, polar charts support some annotations too!
- Create Custom Theme – does what it says on the tin!
- Using ThemeManager – Updated to include ScrollBars on X and Y Axis
- Xaml Styling - Updated to include ScrollBar styling
We have created a host of new FAQs and documentation to cover the new features in SciChart v3.2! Take a look at the list below.
- Stack Columns Vertically, Horizontally and 100%
- Scrollbars API
- Polar Charts API
- Custom Theme API
- How to Center an Axis on the Chart
- CustomRenderableSeries API Overview – creating your own custom renderable series
- Creating a Custom Spline Line RenderableSeries – uses the CustomRenderableSeries API to create a Spline Line
- Rollover Tooltip Templating – an in-depth look at the RolloverModifier API
- SeriesInfo API Overview – background info for the RolloverModifier documentation
- SciChart Legend API Overview – an in-depth view at the SciChart Legend API
- Legend Templating – customising the look & feel of the legend
- Custom Legend Tutorial – demonstrating a legend with color picker, show/hide point-markers and more
- Does SciChart support Technical Indicators – an FAQ
- Drawing Custom Axis Bands – using our RenderContext to draw bands on weekends fast & efficiently
- Adding Color to a NumericAxis – an FAQ on how to style the axis itself
Updated Licensing SciChart steps
Our licensing mechanism has changed in v3.2, although our terms & conditions have not changed. SciChart will remain as a per developer license, with Royalty Free redistribution for your licensed applications.
To find out how to license SciChart v3.2 please visit www.scichart.com/licensing-scichart
For more info on our licensing, see our EULA, Terms & Conditions and Licensing FAQ
Getting Developer Serial Keys & Source Code
If you are a SciChart Customer, and your support is not expired, you will have received an email today with your developer serial key(s) and source code download (if applicable). Please check your spam folder or contact your purchaser for an email with subject line SCICHART UPDATE, ORDER ID XXX-XXX-XXX
Finally, we hope you get great value out of SciChart and as always, we welcome your feedback!
The post SciChart v3.2.0 Build 5441 Released appeared first on SciChart.