We are really excited to announce, that SciChart iOS/ Android / Xamarin v2.2 is released!
What’s New in SciChart iOS /Android /Xamarin v 2.2?
There is a large number of improvements and bug fixes made in SciChart iOS/ Android / Xamarin v2.2. We have made a major step forward by refactoring of our examples, fixing memory leaks, crashes, and bugs and other improvements. It is recommended for all users of SciChart v2.1 to update to the latest version! Please see more information below:
- iOS Charts have been made compatible with Xcode 10 and iOS 12 by removing deprecated libstdc++ with libc++. SciChart iOS v2.2 no longer uses this library and will work with future version(s) of iOS & Xcode.
- Android Charts showcase demo and examples project has been updated to work with Android Studio 3.1: updated to Gradle 4.4; updated to SDK 27 ( Oreo ).
- Android library has been updated to support library 27.1.0 and Kotlin 1.2.30
- Fixed hitTestAxis method which caused issues with axis tooltips values
- SCIOS-626: fixed annotations don’t clip by axes and drawn over them.
- SCIOS-639: fixed annotation added after chart initializing is not being rendered
- SCIOS-640: fixed Incorrect casting from Swift.Array<Double> to SCIGeneric
- SC-DROID-526: fixed incorrect rendering of RTL text caused by trying to reuse text layout ( it was defined it with Integer.MAX_VALUE width )
- SC-DROID-525: fixed incorrect text rendering in heatmap ( added flipping of x and y coordinates if the chart is vertical )
- SCIOS-624: fixed placing annotations below chart doesn’t work
- SC-DROID-521: fixed incorrect work of sweep animation with PaletteProvided which was caused by adding new points into render pass data
- SC-DROID-522: refactored PieSegment and PieDonutRenderableSeriesBase to correctly handle case when PieSegment changes;
- SC-DROID-520: fixed incorrect hit test which is caused by updating xValues and yValues but not indices:
- now render pass data remains the same and we just draw spline lines and perform hit test on original data;
- updated spline calculations which resulted in all NaN values – added n parameter to prevent going outside renderPassData bounds if x/yValues array are larger than
- actual renderPassData size; removed unused code from spline calculations;
- changed SplineLineRenderableSeries: now we calculate spline coords for coordinates instead of values right before drawing for correct work of animations;
- Added behavior options for tooltip modifiers; and added bindings.
- Fixed: issue in legendDataSource.
- Fixed: crash during measuring custom legend item is using a custom nib file from the main bundle.
- Fixed: addPointsPerformance demo example
- Fixed: crash when try using custom legend item nib file from the main bundle.
- Fixed: getter for color in gradient brushes.
- SC-DROID-518: fixed incorrect rendering of rects when use RenderSurface – it was caused by incorrect points index
- Fixed: memory leak in renderableSeries base
- Fixed broken units tests: removed usage of reflection for getting parameter names and replaced it on Mono.Cecil which allows doing the same but without loading dependencies of assembly;
- SC-DROID-511: Fixed cursor tooltip which wasn’t shown for the second half of the last candle in series; changed calculations in HitTestHelpers.isPointWithinXBounds() to prevent precision problems when performing hit test
- SC-DROID-513: fixed incorrect layout of horizontal legend – added usage of HorizontalScrollView when legend has horizontal orientation
- Fixed warning: atomic property cannot pair a synthesized setter/getter with a user-defined setter/getter
- Fixed: color of marker view of legend item
- Fixed: broken test by using a proper calendar in SCIDateUtil instead or using NSCalendar currentCalendar
- Fixed: flickering of the edge labels (also hiding them sometimes)
- Fixed: error when sometimes onVisibleRangeChanged() wasn’t called at the end of animation; added setMinMaxForced into IRange to set new Min/Max values even if they are equal to current Min/Max values + added tests
- Fixed: non-working onVisibleRangeChange method in IViewportManager; modified unit tests;
- Fixed: incorrect buildToolsVersion and updated SciChart dependencies to v2.1 in exported projects
- Fixed: broken parameter names generation in Xamarin: updated path required for metadata generator;
- SC-DROID-509: fixed incorrect drawing of pie and donut charts when there is only one segment; refactored drawing code;
- SCIOS-622: fixed hitTest doesn’t work properly with categoryDateAxis
- Fixed: SCIChartHeatmapColourMap while creating from xib
- SC-DROID-503: fixed rounding error when formatting label in LabelProvider for the category axis
- Added: main.storyboard and launchScreen back to the project
- SCIOS-623: refactoring swift examples:
- refactored speedTesting, hitTest, zoomandPan groups;
- refactored: styling and theaming group, axis behaviour group, ECG chart, oscilloscope chart, realtime ticking stock chart, stock chart example, multipane stock chart example, realtime chart examples, multi-series chart examples, gauge chart examples, pie and donut series, using themeManager example, and custom charts examples;
- added common Init method to ExampleViewBase which supposed to contain commonViewINItialisation;
- added labelProvider to columns side-by-side examples;
- SCIOS-625: legend changes:
- updated Xamarin.iOS bindings and examples;
- added property which allows dequeuing custom legend items from UICollectionView;
- refactored updated\changed methods in dataSource;
- added handling of legendPosition
- Removed duplicate declaration in h file (already defined in protocol). Also named file properly
- Added attach To and detach methods to SCIPieSegment
- Added handling of showCheckBoxes and seriesMarkers
- Added: SCIChartLegendHorizontalLayout which allows the legend to wrap it’s content horizontally.
- Added: SCIChartLegendVerticalLayout which allows legend to wrap it’s content; Removed redundant code
- Added: ctors to h file
- Added missing ctors for SCISeriesInfo inheritors
- SC-DROID-510: added correct handling of tooltip placement when a chart is rotated; changed SliceLayout to prevent overlapping of rollover tooltips
- Added maxAsDouble and minAsDouble to omit conversion calls to SCIGeneric and SCIGenericDouble, even when use asDoubleRange; made asDoubleRange deprecated;
- Updated swift demo app labelProviders according to recent changes, reverted accidentally commented out deprecated properties in tooltip modifier styles
- Added: inMinMaxValid method into ranges
- Added: themeId to SCIThemeColorProvider
- Made SCIRenderableSeriesProtocol conform to SCIInvalidatableElementProtocol
- Changed: SeriesInfo seriesColor is now of type UIColor and isn’t nil every time
- Refactored: default ViewportManager to handle AutoRange.Always case in tryPerformAutoRange instead of onUpdateAxis; updated tests;
- SC-DROID-480: Added ClipModeTarget which allows specifying target range which will be used for clipping in ZoomPanModifier and XAxisDragModifier; fixing typo in name of setClipModeX method in modifier builders;
- SC-DROID-505: added correct disposing of resources for OpenGL based RenderSurface implementations; removed onSurfaceDestroyed method because it wasn’t actually called anywhere
- Changed: default values for pie\donut charts – drawLabels and spacing
- Reworked speedTest examples as well as modifyAxisBehaviour ones.
- Moved missing ctors to SCIArrayController from SCIArrayControllerProtocol
- Created view from xib files
- SC-DROID-506: added usage of Path instead of simple drawLine to provide correct handling of dashed lines in modifiers.
Where to get iOS / Android / Xamarin v2.2?
You can get the SciChart iOS/Android/ Xamarin SDK v2.2 from the Downloads page. Source code customers can also get the latest from our Github repository as well as from Cocoapods for iOS, and Maven for Android. We also keep on delivering continuously for bug fixes, features and minor updates to the following package sources.
In addition, our example code is published to Github and is available to clone or download.
Download SciChart iOS/Android / Xamarin v 2.2
The post SciChart iOS /Android / Xamarin v2.2 released! appeared first on Fast, Native Chart Controls for WPF, iOS, Android and Xamarin.
Read more »
We are pleased to announce the release of SciChart v5.1.1 Build 11473 . This is a minor update which contains a huge number of bug fixes. It is strongly advised for users of SciChart v5.x to upgrade to this version, which is a drop-in replacement.
What’s New in SciChart WPF v5.1.1?
There are bazillions of bug fixes and improvements made in touch screen feature, resampling, heat maps, export, and many more in SciChart v5.1.1. Please read on to see what is new in version 5.1.1.
Updated all C++ projects to v141 tools, latest Windows SDK. Required after build server upgrade. This is a breaking change for customers who compile from source-code. All other users unaffected.
- Fixed: DirectX renderer bug, unfilled columns when using a logarithmic Y axis
- Fixed: the issue in Multipane when it would crash at attempt to set negative height to a pane
- Fixed: GetColumnWidth method in BaseColumnRenderableSeries when the PointSeries can be null
- Fixed an issue when Xyz dataSeries go  values after calling [ToDiscontinuousSeries()] method
- Fixed: GetColumnWidth method in BaseColumnRenderableSeries when it returns wrong column width for hittest when columns go not one by oneAllow Scichart2D to work on D3D Level 10.0 hardware
- SC-4493 3D Styling Fixed: axis titles look differently than axis labels by default
- Fixed: 3d shadow on bottom problem, adding ability to control lighting:
- in the grid shaders, the cell color override should be done before lighting
- add a new parameter to control lighting factor is used, default it to 0.8 as it was hardcoded in shaders
- fix the bug in the bottom shadows test, marking the nulls with a value, and overriding the cell color to e transparent on them
- in the palette provider example, add a slider to control lighting about, defaulting it to zero so it remains looking the same
- Fixed: XyzDataSeries3D PointMetadata3D when it does not working for scaling or Color
- Fixed: bug where setting ImpulseRenderableSeries3D.StrokeThickness=0 causes a NullReferenceException
- Added: tests for DataSeries3D DataSeriesChanged event
- Added: Flags attribute to DataSeriesAction enum
- Fixed: updating metadata in XyzDataSeries3D
- Fixed: OnDataSeriesChanged in BaseGridDataSeries3D
- Fixed: 3D chart with MVVM
- SC-4475 Fixed: YAxisDragModifier doesn’t change ZoomState on surface
- Fixed: Lightning settings in 3D Uniform Orthogonal Heatmap Chart
- SC-4468 Fixed: DiscontinuousDateTimeAxis Rollover Modifier Not Displaying correct Xaxis Data – fixed CoordinateCalculator
- Fixed: adding labels to 3D chart
- Fixed: 3D Charts Not Rendering
- SC-4461 Fixed: XyzDataSeries3D always create a list of metadata filled with Nulls
- add Unit tests for operation with Metadata in XyzDataSeries3D
- add operation Insert and Remove for Metadata
- SC-4463 Fixed: PointMetadata3D cannot change VertexColor via the property
- SC-4464 Fixed: RenderableSeries3D DataSeriesChangedEventArgs.DataSeriesAction
- SC-4447 Fixed: Remove unnecessary firing of SelectionChanged event in PointMetadata3D (Selection event fired 100s of times when deselecting many points in a 3D Chart).
- Fixed: not changed _scrollBarMaXRange when SciChartScrollbar calls UpdateRange() with binding to DataRange
- Fixed: custom modifiers not working with touch
- SC-4552 Fixed: the extreme context must set the current buffer to last used, this will ensure the drawing order when a different buffer is used
- SC-4552 Fixed: do not call CheckSubbmitBuffer here because it changes the expected drawing order
- Fixed the issue when VerticalSliceModifier would crash if any other modifier set the RolloverMarkers property
- SC-4466 Fixed: Investigate Scrollbar behavior reported by a customer
- SC-4548 Fixed: when CategoryDateTime and CategoryNumericAxis do not react to the ZoomExtentsModifier
- Updated PointMetadata documentation
- Added: DragStarted and DragCompleted unsubscribes for annotation adorner markers
- SC-4516 Fixed: TooltipModifier and StackedSeries issue
- SC-4535 Fixed: the issue when CategoryCoordinateCalculator would not find some date values in the BaseXValues collection due to rounding errors;
- SC-4501 Fixed: the issue when CategoryNumericAxis would have default range of (0,10)/ Changed it to (0,1) as in CategoryDateTimeAxis
- SC-4509 Fixed: AxisDragModifier when it doesn’t set ZoomingState on Scale mode
- SC-4474 Fixed: ZoomHistory doesn’t record the first change
- SC-4458 Fixed: incorrect resampling results caused by how DateTime is implemented in .NET ( it’s a struct with long value but it uses 2 last bits for internal flags and the rest is used for storing Ticks );
- SC-4497 Fixed: AxisBase.DataRange gets calculated incorrectly for StackedSeries
- Added: DiscontinuousAxis and DoubleScaleDiscontinuousAxis obey CursorTextFormatting
- Fixed: the issue when Cursors XAxis label on DoubleScaleDiscontinuousAxis would be formatted differently than XAxis labels
- Improved: cursor label formatting for DoubleScaleDiscontinuousAxis
- Fixed: The export with CustomPointMarker in v5 not working
- Added: the Precision property; fixed a couple of issues in ColorPalette
- Removed: unused resources from the Realtime Heatmap example
- SC-4479 Fixed: the issue when the ExtremeScatterRenderableSeries’ markers are clipped incorrectly;
- SC-4458 Fixed: incorrect resampling of DateTime values which was caused by internal structure of DateTime in .Net
- added separate DateTime stuck on C++ side which applies mask to get correct Ticks value on C++ side; made some code refactoring;
- updated code for tests to cover the new case when using dates with local time;
- SC-4462 Fixed: Added a missing property for AxisCoreViewModel (NumericAxisViewModel missing IsStaticAxis flag)
- Added GetSprite method to BitmapSpriteBase
- Added: some minor template changes to DoubleScaleDiscontinuousDateTimeAxis and one more panel for common Xaxis in SciChartMultiPane template
- Updated: minimum requirement to .NET4.5.0 for installer
- SC-4454 Fixed: Added the ModifierSurface option to AnnotationCanvas
- SC-4451 Fixed: “Ensure Pie/Donut chart doesn’t create Storyboards / run animation when labels aren’t shown”
- do Animation for segment’s label if it is needed only for Donut chart
- do Animation for segment’s label if it is needed only
- SC-4438 Fixed: slowing chart rotation with a few series due to LegendModifier
- Added creation of ColorMap by default
- SC-4455 Axes for MVVM and export gets not exported
- Fixed: Software crashing due to an exception generated in SciChart.Drawing.DirectX
- Fixed: Contours 2D example to fit the DirectX Contouring mechanism
- Added GetSprite method to BitmapSpriteBase
- SC-4421 Fixed: DiscontinuousAxis range issue for GetClosestDateToSmaller if baseDate is in the end of the day.
- SC-4449 Fixed: Contours 2D example – add an option to hide heatmap
- SC-4436 Fixed: issue Stacked Column chart v5.1.0 missing one column
- SC-4448 Fixed: DateTimeAxisViewModel does not fire VisibleRangeChanged event
- Fixed the issue when DiscontinuousDateTimeAxis would break bindings to the calendar (#1309)
- SC-3962 Fixed: Export to XPS fails from Dev Mode toolbar in v4.2.2
- Fixed: the property name in binding for Axis MVVM
- Fixed: RolloverModifier behavior on column series when it isn’t within data bounds
- SC-4446 Fixed: Issue when VerticalLineAnnotationMVVM + styleKey causes exception
- SC-4443 Fixed: ScatterSeries (PointMarker) regression – points appear not filled
- Fixed: the issue of crashing scichart when using float type for data (throwing ArgumentException)
- Fixed: the type of hitTestInfo.Y1Value.
- Fixed: the issue of crashing scichart when using float type for data
- SC-4433 Fixed: When UseInterpolation=True and tooltipmodifier, the PointMetadata index is always previous, not nearest- added checking if seriesInfo has appropriate Metadata
- SC-4442 Fixed: Zoomhistory(TimeSpan animation duration) causes exception
- SC-4439 Fixed: When SelectedPolintMarker set in MVVM, all data-points disappear
- Fixed: NullReferenceException for GrowBy in some series viewmodel types
- Fixed: bug in CategoryDateTimeAxisViewModel with wrong ViewType
- SC-4440 Fixed: When Annotations MVVM labels do not display
- Added: new Properties for AxisCoreViewModel and some default values
- Fixed: an Exception while adding Axis via MVVM
- Fixed: error in CustomTooltipsWithModifiers example where AxisLabelStyle is applied to CursorModifier not Axis
- Added AxisPanelStyle to AxisBase.
- Added DefaultStyleKey to AxisPanel
- SC-4432 Fixed: StrokeDashArray does not work on Axis gridlines when DirectX11 renderer used
- Fixed: the problem with adding and removing StackedColumnRenderable Series using MVVM
Where to Get SciChart WPF v5.1.1?
SciChart WPF v220.127.116.1173 is available from:
Please ensure you uninstall the previous version(s) of SciChart before installing v5.1.1 as this can prevent some issues in the upgrade process!
GET SCICHART WPF v5.1.1
The post SciChart WPF v5.1.1 Build 11473 Released! appeared first on Fast, Native Chart Controls for WPF, iOS, Android and Xamarin.
Read more »
SciChart WPF Pricing Plan Changes
SciChart WPF is now entering its sixth year since the first version was published! During that time we have gone from a small one-person company to a team of over ten developers, lovingly crafting, maintaining and delivering High Performance WPF Chart components, actively used by thousands of customers around the world!
The SciChart WPF Chart controls that you see now are more advanced than we ever thought we would create, and we are still developing and adding features, fixing bugs, supporting and maintaining this successful product.
Furthermore, we have always strived to maintain excellent tech support. It’s not always possible (we do have our failings from time to time) but overall customers rate us as excellent on tech support. We care about the products that we make and want users to have a good experience using them.
In light of this, we have resisted changing pricing as long as possible, however we feel at SciChart that we have to make a small change to our pricing model in order to maintain the excellent level of service that we provide. This change is to raise the price of SciChart WPF 2D Professional only, keeping all other products the same.
An overview of Pricing Changes
The pricing of SciChart is currently as follows:
- WPF 2D Pro: $899
- WPF 3D Pro: $999
- WPF 2D Enterprise: $1499
- WPF SDK Pro: $1749
- WPF SDK Enterprise: $2549
We propose to change the pricing of SciChart WPF 2D Professional only, raising it from $899 USD to $1090 USD per developer license with 1-year support and updates.
The price of renewals placed will also be raised, from $449.50 to $545 per developer license with 1-year support and updates.
The cost of all other products will remain the same.
The cost of the no-support options of SciChart WPF will remain the same.
When will the pricing Changes come into effect?
This pricing change will come into effect on May 1st 2018. Any orders placed after this date will reflect the new pricing.
Will there be other pricing changes?
We cannot rule out further pricing changes, but we have no intention to change any of our other pricing at this time.
To beat the price rise!
You can beat the price rises if you were intending to purchase or renew SciChart WPF 2D Pro by:
- Purchase a 1-year, 2-year, 3-year or lifetime support license before May 1st and you will get the current lower pricing.
- Renew an existing SciChart WPF 2D Professional licenses now with a 1-year, 2-year, 3-year or lifetime renewal before May 1st and you will lock in the current pricing (until your renewal is next due).
For Sales Enquries
Please contact us at sales [at] scichart.com. We will do our best to answer any questions you have and process orders quickly if you wish to place them before the deadline.
The post SciChart WPF Pricing Plan Changes appeared first on Fast, Native Chart Controls for WPF, iOS, Android and Xamarin.
Read more »
We are really excited to announce, that SciChart iOS/ Android / Xamarin v2.1 is released!
If you are using SciChart iOS v1.x or Android v1.x then please note that this update introduces breaking changes and is not a drop-in replacement for SciChart iOS/Android v1.
What is new in SciChart iOS / Android / Xamarin?
- SciChart iOS Swift 4 support:
Although we have unofficially supported Swift 4 for a while via our Github and Cocoapod feeds, this official release now includes support for SWIFT 4. The documentation and the examples have been updated.
- SciChart Xamarin now supports Xamarin 11.
- SciChart Pie Chart, SciChart Donut Chart and SciChart Nested Chart types are added to both iOS and Android.
Pie, Donut and Nested Charts are very popular in dashboards, sales reports and many other applications. These are found useful when there is a need to compare the giving category with the total in one chart. Please see SciChart iOS and SciChart Android examples for these charts. Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android Bindings are added for the above chart types as well.
SciChart iOS Pie Chart
SciChart Android Pie Chart
SciChart iOS Donut Chart
SciChart Android Donut Chart
SciChart iOS Nested Pie Chart
SciChart Android Nested Pie Chart
- SciChart Animations function
We have added animation functions to charts, to let you fade, sweep, or bounce data when data is first added to the chart or when data-points are added. The animations engine is very flexible and powerful and gives your iOS & Android charts that awesome look & feel you are looking for. Be the first one to try those out and make gorgeous applications with SciChart iOS/Android Animated Charts:
With the high demand in financial applications we have replenished our SciChart Showcase with the Trader Example. It shows how to have multiple chart panes in the application, that are synchronized. There are common candlestick charts combined with the column, band series and volume shown at the main pain at the bottom. You may see how to use the different timescales 5 minutes, 1 hour, 1 day or 1 week. The moving average is there for the demonstration purposes. You may also zoom, pan, show cursor on tap and see the latest values on the chart. You can access the Showcase from our GitHub: SciChart iOS Trader ShowCase and SciChart Android Trader ShowCase.
SciChart Android Trader Example
SciChart iOS Trader Example
Bug fixes and other improvements:
- Updated tutorials to cover more on styling, visible range and annotations. Added new articles on new chart types.
- Fixed bug Axis visible range limit with inertial scroll;
- SCIOS-575: Fixed broken legend modifier;
- SCIOS-570: Fixed DataSeries with one element to show at iOS 9 and iOS 10;
- SCIOS-571: Axis marker annotation crash when position is NaN;
- SCIOS-483: Fixed and improved StackedColums hit test;
- SCIOS-594: Added ability to change opacity of renderable series;
- SCIOS-584: Fixed Xamarin.iOS crashes when using custom label provider;
- SCIOS-489: Fixed Xamarin.iOS inertial scroll does not stop on Tap;
- Add property which allows to set margin for Axis title;
- Horizontal/VerticalLineAnnotation: NPE if try to set Axis id, it isn’t attached to parent surface and has AnnotationLabe;
- Axis Title: Add support of flipped vertical AxisTitle;
- NPE when Annotation is selected and try to remove it from chart;
- SC_DROID-450: Stacked Column Side by Side: Exception when all stacked series invisible;
- SC_DROID-447: Stacked Column Side by Side: Tooltip throws exception if series is invisible;
- SC_DROID-444: OpenGL error when trying to draw PenStyle with thickness == 0;
- SC_DROID-486: Incorrect drawing of lines in Canvas RenderSurface;
- SC_DROID-485: Stacked Column Chart example throws exception on launch;
- SC_DROID-483: AxisMarkerAnnotation: Incorrect export to Bitmap;
- SC_DROID-482: PinchZoomModifier: Incorrect zoom because of NaN scale factor with non uniform zoom;
- SC_DROID-476: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when insert in empty SciList;
- Updated the code on SCSStylingChartView, StylingChartView to present brushes, styles first then application to axis second. Made styles more consistent with WPF Chart Styling example;
- Fixed clipping behavior of text annotationAdded documentation: Pen, Brush, Texture – LabelProvider- TextFormatting – Convert Pixel to Data CoordinatesDocumentation updates for Axis types in SciChart, Axis Ranging: AutoRange, Aixs Ranging – Clipping and Value Axis vs. Category Axis;
- Fixed candlestick issue with swapping colors when drawing reduced data;
- Fixed memory leak;
- Add ability to change time zone of date formatter in date label provider;
- Fixed annotations’ detachSciChartframework – fix inertial scroll in case when xAxis and yAxis are swapped;
- Fixed scroll when clipModeX is stretchAtextents or clipAtExtents and growBy is nil;
- Fixed: Color of mountain series does not respect color in legend modifier;
- GrowBy and inertial scroll when pan modifier is stretchAtExtents;
- Fixed vertical line axis label alignment;
- Fixed in axis and axis labels visibility;
- Fixed dashed line for multiple context;
- Fixed axis marker theme settings, add ability to change theme in trader demo;
- Added dashed line for line annotation;
- Fix axisMarker crash, when position is nan;
- Fixed issue with stretched line annotation panFixed bug with parsing UIView hierarchy in Xcode.
- SCIOS-612 – Fixed memory leak related to retain cycle of renderableSeries and animations.
We are working further port our desktop WPF 3D Charts to iOS/Android, and have a working prototype of 3D scatter, bubble, column, surface mesh and pie charts working on the iOS & Android Platform. If these are of interest to you, or if you have any other feature requests, get in contact as we would be glad to hear your feedback!
Where to get iOS / Android v2.1?
You can get the SciChart iOS/Android/ Xamarin SDK v2.1 from the Downloads page. Source code customers can also get latest from our Github repository as well as from Cocoapods for iOS, and Maven for Android. We also keep on delivering continuously for bug fixes, features and minor updates to the following package sources.
In addition, our example code is now published to Github and is available to clone or download.
Download SciChart iOS/Android v 2.1
We hope you will enjoy this edition, we are looking forward to hearing your feedback!
The post SciChart iOS /Android / Xamarin v2.1 released! appeared first on Fast, Native Chart Controls for WPF, iOS, Android and Xamarin.
Read more »
We are pleased to announce the release of SciChart v5.1.0 Build 11299. This is a minor update which contains a number of bug fixes and feature improvements. It is strongly advised for users of SciChart v5.x to upgrade to this version, which is a drop-in replacement.
What’s New in SciChart WPF v5.1.0?
There are a number of improvements and bug fixes made in SciChart v5.1.0. It is recommended for all users of SciChart v5.x to update to the latest version, which should be a drop in replacement.
- SC-3409 Improves Scatter series performance with PaletteProvider by up to 10x! Implemented a new series type ExtremeScatterRenderableSeries which enables fast PaletteProvider enabled scatter charts
for DirectX charts only
- SC-4351 Improves FIFO Resampling performance. Improves performance of FIFO series by up to 5x!
- SC-4424 Improves line series performance where many series (e.g. 1000 series x 1000 points) by up to 5x!
- SC-4403 Added cancellation Escape key option to Rubberbandzoom, xaxisdrag and yaxisdrag modifiers
- SC-4381 Support Opacity and semi-transparency on ObjSceneEntity3D
- SC-4377 Updated SeriesTooltips3D example to demonstrate how to access PointMetadata from the TooltipModifier3D
- SC-4404 Added RatioFilter, RatioXyFilter, RatioOHLCFilter for displaying the ratio between two DataSeries
- SC-4405 Added properties Tag, Opacity onto BaseRenderableSeriesViewModel
- SC-4367 Make SciChart.ExternalDependencies a Nuget package for ease of deployment / testing of examples
- SC-4406 Added property PinchZoomModifier3D.ZoomScaleSensitivity
- SC-4341 Add a property FastuniformContourRenderableSeries.DrawingMode to allow Contours to switch to the software algorithm implementation for higher accuracy contours
- SC-4408 Improved Cursor Snapping behaviour – now it snaps to the closest series by default (was to the first one)
- Updated TradeMarkers demo to use the latest AnnotationsBinding MVVM API.
- Created new Filters API Example updated to allow updating of data.
- SC-4091: added handling of special case when there is one point to draw in a line series. Now draws a dot, or a dashed line where Digital Line is enabled.
- SC-4319 Fixed multiple examples in SciChart3D when DirectX9 only available
- SC-4378 AggregateByRenko performance improved when updating or appending new data-points only (does not recalculate entire Renko series)
- SC-4394 System.InvalidOperationException : There was no XML start tag open when exporting to file and binding VerticalSliceModifier.VerticalLines to empty VerticalLineAnnotationCollection
- SC-4393 Fixed RolloverModifier issue when only one tooltip displays for band series instead of two
- SC-4346 Switching from DX11 -> DX9 in WPF 3D Examples causes crash
- SC3D-445 Switch to right handed coordinates in 3D Chart causes labels to appear in wrong place
- SC-4395 MVVM SeriesBinding with LineSeries and setting SelectedPointMarker and PointMetadata results in pointmarkers shown for non-selected points
- SC-4400 DataPointSelectionModifier when CTRL pressed and AllowsMultiSelection=false it is still possible to multi select
- SC-4399 SciChart3DSurface.IsAxisCubeVisible change causes crash at runtime
- SC-4389 CategoryNumericAxis – investigate why it shows spaces to the right and to the left
- SC-4397 Crash on export when TooltipModifier.TooltipLabelDataContextSelector is set
- SC-4386 FastBubbleRS – AutoZRange considers points that are not in viewport
- SC-4396 Flicker introduced in DirectX renderer since revision 18.104.22.16837
- SC-4385 3D Column ovelaps each other
- SC-3409 fixed incorrect drawing of colored sprites because of using startIndex values from input array instead of index from vertex buffer;
- SC-4375 Chess board (Add Objects to a 3D Chart) has no texture
- SC-4379 Scatter 3D Series shows colours as ABGR when should be ARGB
- SC-4380 HeatmapColorPalette has no datacontext, cannot bind to Minimum or Maximum
- SC-4330 Fixes DirectX Renderer not working over Remote Desktop since v5.0
- SC-4352 Filters API Polynomial Fit does not work with DateTime,Double series
- SC-4352 Filters API LinearTrendline, Polynomial and Spline do not work with DateTime,Double series
- SC-4352 Filters API Spline fixed precision when input datatype TX=int
- SC-4352 Several fixes and improvements to Filters API (Crashes on changing or updating data)
- SC-4359 UniformHeatmapDataSeries<double,double,int> doesn’t update after changing data
- SC-4355 UniformHeatmap / NonUniformHeatmap in MVVM doesn’t work
- SC-4382 AggregateByRenko crashes if you append or update after original filter created
- SC-4373 Uniform heatmap type with AutoRange=Always crashes
- SC-4370 Fixed and issue with Horizontal/VerticalLineAnnotation when labels cannot be added via ViewModel
- SC-4354 Bubble chart flickers and draws wrong bubbles on zoom, pan
- SC-4361 DataPointSelectionModifier.UpdateState doesn’t update a SciChartSurface
- SC-3986 Annotation label shows incorrect text
- SC-4353 AnnotationCreationModifierForMVVM overrides properties of created annotations
- SC-4407 SeriesBinding MVVM API: Removed the exception message The argument value must implement IEnumerable<IRenderableSeriesViewModel> if not expected type. Resolves microsoft designer crashes which generate mocks of objects
- SC-4259 Order of Axes is not preserved when changed in real-time
- SC-4301 Scrollbar range and axis growby mismatch
- SC-4308 SciChartTrader example – chart disappears when switch to a DiscontinuousAxis in the toolbar
- SC-4334 fix ScrollBar vibrating on some 4k screens
- SC3D-432 LogarithmicAxis3DView -> axis3D titles overlap axis3D labels
- SC-4340 TickProvider is never called if created in AxisViewModel
- SC-4339 Fixes Heatmap Medata example incorrect tooltip,
- SC-4322 RolloverModifier doesn’t work well with FastVolumeCandlestickRS
- Fixed exception during resampling of Xyy data with None mode caused by recent changes in CopyValues methods;
- Fixes NullReferenceException when XAxis is null and user clicks on YAxisDragModifier
- Fixed crash when there are no ticks on axis scale
- Fixed the issue when the DoubleScaleDiscontinuousDateTimeAxis would not handle properly ranges where Min or Max falls into a Calendar gap
- Fixed the issue when tooltips would show accumulated value by default for StackedMountainSeries; added AccumulatedValue to OneHundredPercentStackedSeriesInfo
- Fixed a crash with DiscontinuousAxisFilter that occurs after few calling of Clear() method.
- Added default binding to AutoFitMarginalLabels for DoubleScaleDiscontinuousAxis
- Updated RequiresReduction calculations which were changed after adding ResamplePrecision ( reduced constant value to 2 – we append 2 points at max when MinMax resampling is used )
- Fixed rollover for mountains and columns series when interpolation is false
- Fixed marginal labels clipping for DoubleScaleDiscontinuousDateTimeAxis
- Fixed SourceCollectionBase issue when the SciChartSurface unload and the new series viewmodel added or removed some -> it will be ignored on chart reload
- Fixed the issue in StackedSeries when zooming to extents would include the prev and next data point into computed Y range
- Fix Surface Mesh Skirt does not obey opacity
- Small fix to ObjectModel3D to prevent runtime crash when two or more ObjectModel3D are instantiated
- Fixed AnnotationCreationModifierForMVVM issue when adding horizontal or vertical line annotations -> it is wait second click for it but should be just one
- Making ArrayOperations public
- Fixed an issue when discontinuous renderable series would report IsWithinBounds == “False” when hit-testing between series’ bars
- Fix issue with ChartModifiers not firing ModifierKeyDown event for 2D charts
- Removed SharpDX Direct3D10 from build script
- Fixes Scrollbar nullreferenceexception if DataRange set before bound to axis
- Added sharpdx_direct3d11_1_effects_x64 / x86.dll to the SciChart.DirectX NuGet package, and .targets file to include in output directory on build
- DirectXHelper: rethrowing DllNotFoundException to ensure the user is aware of missing sharpdx_direct3d11_1_effects_x64.dll or sharpdx_direct3d11_1_effects_x86.dll
- Fixes NullReferenceException in VerticalSliceModifier when using VerticalSliceModifier.VerticalLines and new SciChart AnnotationsBinding MVVM API
- Apply patch supplied by customer. FastBubbleRenderableSeries.MaxBubbleSizeInPixels now a dependency property, added property AreaSizingInsteadOfRadius
- Merging over DataPointWidth calculation for log axis column charts from v4 -> v5
- Added missing Binding from AxisCoreViewModel.TickProvider to Axis derived types.
- Added default TickProviders in AxisCoreViewModel derived types.
- Fixed wrong default template for CustomUniformHeatmapRenderableSeries, that was incorrectly choose not x,y,z seriesInfo but y – seriesInfo.
- Fixed a CursorModifier synchronization issue when a Cursor would snap to data points in one chart but not in synchronized charts
- SeriesSource marked as obsolete. use latest SeriesBinding MVVM API instead.
- Fix for proper working of Custom annotation, as if you put there Combobox it doesn’t work due to loosing focus in an appropriate moment
- Obsoleting Heatmap2DArrayDataSeries, FastHeatMapRenderableSeries. Please use FastUniformHeatmapRenderableSeries and FastNonUniformHeatmapRenderableSeries instead
Where to Get It?
SciChart WPF v22.214.171.12499 is available from the usual channels.
- By downloading from our scichart.com/downloads page
- By Install-Package or Update-Package from NuGet
- By cloning or downloading the source code on Github (source code customers only)
Please ensure you uninstall the previous version(s) of SciChart before installing v5.1.0 as this can prevent some issues in the upgrade process!
GET SCICHART WPF v5.1.0
The post SciChart WPF v5.1.0 Build 11299 Released! appeared first on Fast, Native Chart Controls for WPF, iOS, Android and Xamarin.
Read more »
Never one to rest on our laurels, we’ve been busy at work the past few weeks writing the SciChart WPF v5 Documentation. This has been released today!
You can view the updated SciChart WPF v5 Documentation at https://www.scichart.com/wpf-chart-documentation
What’s New in WPF v5 Documentation?
New Filters API Docs
3D Charts Documentation
We have a new set of Tutorials on using SciChart with the MVVM API, including binding to series viewmodels, axis and annotations, updating charts in real-time and linking multiple charts and more.
We have a set of documentation on using the Filters API – a brand new API in SciChart WPF v5
Documentation on the DiscontinuousDateTimeAxis, a new axis type in SciChart WPF v5, as well as how to create Volume, Range and Renko bars with our new APIs.
Documentation on the Uniform and Non-uniform Heatmap RenderableSeries, new series types in SciChart WPF v5, as well as the Radar Chart type.
Documentation on the MVVM Axis API and MVVM Annotations API, both new to SciChart WPF v5.
Some notes about increasing the precision of resampling using the Extreme Resamplers API.
Also, something we’re a bit embarrassed about since it was first released in 2016 … we have now published full documentation for SciChart WPF 3D Charts, where you can find out how to use our 3D Chart types.
The post SciChart WPF v5 Documentation & MVVM Tutorials now live appeared first on Fast, Native Chart Controls for WPF, iOS, Android and Xamarin.
Read more »